With air quality, high heat and rain being a concern of late, here are some easy exercises to do in the comfort of your own home.
- Warm up. Before you jump straight into it, make sure you warm up. Do this for 10 minutes at a moderate pace. You can do this by running on the spot, high knees or heel flicks.
- Pushups. Get into an upward position with your hands on the floor, shoulder width apart. Lower your body to the ground, pause at the bottom and then back up to the returning position. Keep it controlled. You could try kneeling ones as well to start off with.
- Jumping jacks. Stand up tall, feet together, hands by your side. Quickly raise your hands above your head, while jumping out with your feet, stretched out to the side. All in one movement.
- Lunges. Step forward with one leg, lowering your hips until both knees are bent to about 90 degrees, then push yourself back up and return to your starting position. Remember to swap legs and do this on both.
- Walkouts. Stand with your feet hip width apart, bend over and place your hands on the floor, in front of your feet. Put weight onto your hands and walk them forwards and backwards.
And finally, cool down. For the cool down, you can do dynamic stretches. This can include touching your toes, arm circles and hip twists.