Best Foods for Healthy Skin
03 May 2023 by Ted Escobedo 2 min read
A diet rich in healthy fats and vitamins can support skin health.
Many fruits and vegetables, including red grapes and tomatoes, contain
compounds that can benefit your skin.
Here’s a list of foods that are great for your skin.
• Fatty fish: They’re rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for maintaining skin health. Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary to help keep skin thick, supple, and moisturized. In fact, an omega-3 fatty acid deficiency can cause dry skin.
• Avocados: They are a good source of vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant that helps protect your skin from oxidative damage. Most Americans don’t get enough vitamin E through their diet. Interestingly, vitamin E seems to be more effective when combined with vitamin C.
Vitamin C is also essential for healthy skin. Your skin needs it to create collagen, which is the main structural protein that keeps your skin strong and healthy.
• Walnuts: Walnuts have many characteristics that make them an excellent food for healthy skin. They’re a good source of essential fatty acids, which are fats that your body cannot make itself. In fact, they’re richer than most other nuts in both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
• Red or yellow bell peppers:
Bell peppers contain plenty of beta carotene and vitamin C — both of which are important antioxidants for your skin. Vitamin C is also necessary to create collagen, the structural protein that keeps your skin strong.
• Red grapes: red grapes are famous for containing resveratrol, a compound that comes from the skin of red grapes. Resveratrol is credited with a wide range of health benefits, among them is reducing the effects of aging. Test-tube studies suggest it may also help slow the production of harmful free radicals, which damage skin cells and cause signs of aging.
- Food & Nutrition