The smoothie way to boost energy
23 Feb 2023 by Ted Escobedo 2 min read
Do smoothies really provide energy in the morning? Yes, a healthy, well-balanced smoothie can provide a real boost of energy in the early hours of the day. Just remember not to include sugary ingredients or too much fruit juice in your recipe, then that could have the opposite effect and leave you feeling tired and sluggish. Here is an ideal smoothie to give you a morning boost.
Breakfast Energy Smoothie
● ORANGE JUICE: two cups of orange juice.
● YOGURT: 1 cup of yogurt, I always have a big tube of vanilla yogurt, but you can use any flavored yogurt.
● VANILLA EXTRACT: just a small 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, it really helps to bring out the flavors in the fruit.
● MIXED BERRIES: 2 cups of frozen or fresh mixed berries. I like to buy the frozen mixed berries, but you can use any berries you like. Sometimes, I even add a banana.
● ICE CUBES: if you don’t use frozen fruit, I would add a handful of ice cubes.
STEP 1: Place all ingredients into a blender (liquid ingredients first).
STEP 2: Blend on high for 2 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down sides and blend for another 30 seconds.
STEP 3: Serve and enjoy!
- Complementary Therapies